When it comes to having your photo taken, there are certain things you should do to ensure that the results are exactly what you wanted. This includes everything from picking out the right outfit to working with Julia Rintz Photography to get the perfect shot.
Here are some dos and don’ts of photography sessions to help you get the best results.
1) Do pick out the right outfit. This means finding something that compliments your features and makes you feel confident. If you’re not sure what to wear, ask the photographer for their input.
2) Do arrive on time (or even a few minutes early). This will help you avoid feeling rushed and ensure that you have enough time to get comfortable with the camera.
3) Do be prepared to take direction. The photographer knows what they’re doing and will likely have some specific posing instructions for you. It’s important to follow their lead to get the best results.
4) Do relax and have fun. The more comfortable you are, the better your photos will turn out. So take a deep breath, smile on your face, and enjoy the experience.
5) Do ask for help if you need it. For example, if you’re having trouble with your hair or makeup, don’t hesitate to ask the photographer or their assistant for assistance.
6) Do bring along any props that you want to use. If there’s something that you think will help make your photos more unique or personal, feel free to bring it along.
7) Do be yourself. The best photos are the ones that capture your true personality. So don’t try to be someone you’re not – just be yourself and let your personality shine through.
1) Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If you’re unsure what the photographer is asking you to do, speak up and ask for clarification.
2) Don’t wait until the last minute to book your session. It’s important to give yourself (and the photographer) enough time to plan and prepare for the shoot.
3) Don’t show up hungry or thirsty. This will only make you more uncomfortable and will likely result in less-than-stellar photos. So eat a good meal and drink plenty of water before your session.
4) Don’t be afraid to take breaks. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or exhausted, let the photographer know and take a few minutes to regroup.
5) Don’t forget to have fun. Yes, it’s important to take the process seriously, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy yourself along the way. So relax, let loose, and enjoy the experience.
The bottom line is that you should do whatever you need to feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera. If you’re prepared and follow the photographer’s lead, you’ll get some amazing photos that you’ll love for years to come.